2024-07-10

A shit dayafter for sports

AI consulted heavily this week, sometimes for UNRELATED reasons to writing this blog post, and sometimes whilst actually writing out this particular blog post. No need to cite ChatGPT; they're my ideas and all written by hand. Still, I sometimes worry about Roku's Basilisk, so this is why I write this.

  1. Worst Raptors season I've ever seen (but that's not saying much)
  2. I hear nothing about the Rock, TFC, and the Argos
  3. The french and the canadians lost on the same day in European football
  4. Je ne sais même pas si les jeux olympiques à Paris auront lieu (probablement qu'ils se passeront?)
  5. Les seuls commentateurs francophones que j'entends ici, c'est tout le temps juste du hockey
  6. The english voice casting for international football doesn't seem to change
  7. The brown-skinned people still play crickets twice a week instead of the what-I'm-used-to once-a-week
  8. I'm not reading Chicken Soup for the Sportswriter's Soul
  9. My lists about things tend to be negative and somewhat provocative: sometimes though, it's nice to be able to rant about shit that ultimately doesn't matter
  10. The state of the betting/gambling/professional sports industry (I shudder to think about what's to come on the e-sports side...)
  11. HOLY F*** ENOUGH WITH THE GAMBLING PARLEY OVER/UNDER ADS ON EVERY SINGLE SPORTS CHANNEL (and sometimes it's even on the network TV channel!; THANKS A LOT, BELL /s)
  12. I paid 20 bucks for the NBA app, and the streaming quality isn't perfect, but when you find something to watch that actually works and that was well-produced, I feel like I definitely get my money's worth
  13. Still not paying another dollar for the aforementioned app, because I'm a Raptors fan and I literally have to do the following just to watch a damn season:
  • pay rent (okay technically I could just go to a sports bar and buy a beer but that's a terribad trade-off)
  • pay for internet (to me, practically a necessity, but not a utility yet I don't think)
  • for cell service (in case any of the log-in services have 2F authentication)
  • for TV (both the TV and the actual service)
  • taxes (or at least take the time to file them)
  • pay for Sportsnet (50% of the total)
  • pay for TSN (the other 50% of the total games available during a season)
  • take the time to cook a healthy meal (to help me remain serene during bad "tank" games)
  • wear blue-wavelength blocking glasses (for the absolutely crazy 10:30pm start time games against the West)
  • vape weed (my kind of therapy for when the Raptors tank AND they can't make a damn free throw) 
  • buy a damn bus pass to buy a basketball at CostCo to rep the love of the sport
  •  transport (for getting to work and back to pay for the above)
  • clothes (I found an AWESOME purple t-shirt inscribed with the name of ALL the Raptors legends up to and including: Valenciunas, Stoudamire, Lowry, DeRozan, and of course Carter)
  • wear foam earbuds to limit hearing loss (in case DeRozan's daughter is in town /jk)
  • buy portable vaporizers in case one runs out of batteries and I need another one during the many, many ad breaks (seriously though, no more vape purchases except 510 carts for the rest of the year - until x-mas maybe)
 Firefox is faster than iMac 2011 dictionary memory retrieval-wise.

No comments: