2024-07-20

Encouraging gaming

Non-exhaustive list of (more than?) decent games I've played this decade (and a comment in the brackets):

  • Heroes of the Storm (better than LoL, finally)
  • Diablo 3 (used to be P2W - still sort of is, not really)
  • Path of Exile (incredibly challenging, rewarding, and addicting)
  • Genshin Impact (for being more dangerous for my wallet than Overwatch)
  • Overwatch 1 (for being the FPS I always wanted)
  • Overwatch 2 (for being a decent, but underdelivered sequel)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (for driving me to cook well)
  • Into the Breach (for being one of the select few games available to play on the NS touch screen)
  • Pokémon Let's Go: Pikachu (for not necessarily being a Tencent game)
  • Pokémon Unite (for hours of endless distraction during a pandemic)
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (still mostly playing Roy & Samus - Meta Knight, not so much)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (for giving me the chance to try different controller schemes)
  • V Rising (only reason I don't play it more is I HATE base building alone)
  • Last Epoch (for FINALLY competing with Path of Exile)
  • Tetris 99 (therapeutic music)
  • FTL: Faster Than Light (incredible music - credit to Ben Prunty for spurring me to pirate his sheet music)
  • Gris (again, terrific music, but I can't seem to finish this one...)
  • Counter-Strike: Source (I mean, this one is in my top 3 FPS of all times)
  • Dead Cells (for reminding me of Leibniz)
  • Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (currently playing through ME:2; so far, not as good... but I'm stuck in a nightclub of sorts)
  • Hogwarts: Legacy (for having a very proper tutorial)
  • Starcraft (honestly the longest-played game I play fairly regularly)
  • Balatro (for being easier to setup than a deck of cards)
  • Slay the Spire (card-based, roguelike)
  • Celeste (better than 90% of current action platformers)
  • Black Desert Online (for a classic korean MMO experience)
  • Fallout: 76 (hard to quantify: only played about an hour on the cloud)
  • Destiny 2 (hard to qualify: only played about an hour on the cloud)

No comments: