2024-07-02

Cannafood 1

AI (artificial intelligence) not consulted today.

I guess I'll continue a food journal here, then...

Today, I made a mayonnaise, as I often do these days. It's always good fat when I make it, so I make it.

Right now, I suffer from the confusing omnivore's dilemma of whether I should eat this full(ish)-fat organic grass-fed yogurt with non-organic blueberries and various spices - without added sugar, naturally, and then some added... not mayo.

I actually logged onto the computer to search for a good method on how to "activate" (to use Pete Evans' words) nuts to make the damaging acids in them (phytates or lectins I think?) less damaging, if at all, as I do intend to add nuts to the berries.

Hazelnuts are on the menu.

I wonder if toasting them on the stove or soaking them in water ("activating") with kosher salt or baking them in the oven at low temperature is best for these non-organic-certified nuts. Next day edit: oh god do not just fry them in ghee; whatever pesticides or residue is on the nuts just gets absorbed into the fat. I mean, I'm no scientist, but I'm pretty sure that's what happens.

Now I want for king oyster mushrooms - organic or not, and am saddened that mushrooms have not been foraged for yet this year, much - except in the grocery stores, of course.

And now I'm worried that I'm subject to various plants and echoes and neighbours and loud Streisand-like music coming from the kitchen whence I continue my daily slave-like labour of love of eating well and pray for a friend or two to someday give me some feedback on this post.

No comments: