2024-07-05

SSBU 1 - Marth

This post's title is supposed to be accurate, so I'll start writing about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate now. Just keeping things literal, as usual. Except it won't be in the style that I want it to be in, but there's nothing I can do about that... for now.

Four; was it definitely four, or was it definitely five? It was five games in a row that I played, and I know I won at least four in a row so... the fifth game I lost, but for the first four, the opponents left right after their defeat, and this made the fifth game (a loss) ever more exciting: there was no thrill to it, but at least I got a rematch. I won the rematch! But, it felt like they let me win, which is totally fine because that's how you get chances to improve with better players; however, all the losers who never even bother rematching irritate me; but I'll never let them know that because without them, I'd be stuck in queue all day and that's no fun.

The trick with Marth is usually reflexes. I'm not an expert Marth player (I play as Roy way, way more), but if you can just speed along, hit your B+Down at correct moments, and make use of the ever-powerful N+Airs of the sword kind, you should be okay.

I got 99 problems, and here's another one to share:

I'm worried that I only got 4 wins in a row because of my muscle memory kicking in from playing on a derelict friend's old Gamecube controller, plugged into a black box that connects to my Switch that I'm not sure is totally sanctioned. Honestly, I'm also worried about the BPA rubbing off (if there is any), but that's secondary to this post.

Oh yeah one clarification for playing as Marth: when I say speed along I mean land your running A-forwards - they can surprise in sudden death!


No comments: