Thursday 6 October 2022

If your fire slips

Song of the Day:


I am beyond thrilled to share (an admittedly old) Lights song, from her 3rd album, Little Machines. It's called From All Sides.

There I was, walking back from the expensive-but-worth-it grocery store about 20 minutes away from home, and this song started playing. I should have expected it; I had decided to do a linear playthrough of the whole album, which is always an experience unto itself. It instantly put me in what I can only describe as a majestic, lonesome mood. The cool western introduction; if I closed my eyes, I could picture the cacti strewn about, the tumbleweed rolling across the landscape, and the sand & rocks stoically grounded below my feet.

I wasn't able to bring a turkey home - they were just too damn big - but I was able to bring home a precious feeling of lost love.

Constantly killing meWith you invading in my mindYou got it covered I can't get a thought in edgewiseOh with your fast lips, and not a catalystSeems like the memories are coming at me from all sidesYou're all I see, surrounding meFrom all I sides, you're all I see, surrounding me

Memories assailing me; all I see is Dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment