Monday 12 September 2022

Why does no one reply to e-mail anymore?

 The blog title is the topic. This post ends off-topic.

This makes no sense. No, I am very serious. 

I have proof.

It's been over 72 hours since I sent an e-mail to some working professionals. It's the end of the day on Monday. I guess they must be busy because September is a stressful month - new routines and all that.

I also wrote an e-mail to a friend - multiple, in fact. And in my e-mails, I tend to be truthful, open, perhaps too much sometimes.

And somehow it scares me to ask people "have you read/did you get?" my e-mail. I think it's linked to the ridiculously stupid "seen/received/whatever" notification on iPhones and the like. The apps that tell you if the other person has received a message are totally bonkers.

Why should a phone tell us what the other person is doing? What the hell? Does NO one care?

I yell a lot about this kind of stuff outside (things like light pollution, cars go in potential No Cars Go neighbourhoods, sunny outbursts of radiant sunshine hippy stuff (e.g. tree hugging); this gets me in trouble because people don't like to hear disturbing things in non-threatening ways. They expect violence, and all we get are passive zombie entertainment machines that potentially cause mass avoidance of H2O (speaking of which, time for another sip of ice-2 water).

My point is machines interfere with human communication; perhaps more harm than good at this point. So that's why I still don't have an iPhone, still don't have my own Netflix account, and still refuse to not drink water every day somehow.

On the plus side the cherries were awesome this year. Best in a decade, easily. I'd post pictures but my crappy Nokia is broken again.

No comments:

Post a Comment