Friday 23 September 2022

More healing to add

 I'm thinking I've decided to add Metric to my list of bands that help me out when I'm having a rough time.

Up until like 5 seconds ago, I thought Feist was the lead singer of Metric, but apparently not. Well, Feist and Emily Haines both played in Broken Social Scene, which also happens to be a pretty cool band, though I tend to confuse them with Death Cab for Cutie.

Anyway, I went to the local library a few years ago and picked out a Metric album, Synthetica, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Played a few songs on repeat. Skipped the annoying kitten song a couple times. But damn, some really evocative synthwaves from that album.

Which brings me to today's Song of the Day, Dreams So Real (because I really miss remembering them).

I won a SSBU tournament today! 8-player 2-round tournament. I hadn't played Ike in ages, and I had been practicing with Marth, Roy, Lucina, and Samus, usually winning games, but not tournaments. The moment I switch to Ike, bam, tournament victory. Kind of interesting how that works.

I might have to start putting screenshots of my gaming successes on here; it would certainly make me feel less like I'm wasting my time and more actually enjoying life, which I am doing. I'm just way too concerned about money when I shouldn't be. I'm hoping this is just a temporary thing and perhaps a reflection of the bad economy.

Other than that, I'm headed to the Word on the Street "pop-up festival" this Sunday at Evergreen BrickWorks! One of my faves.

No comments:

Post a Comment