Tuesday 20 September 2022

One of the mini-projects

 I finally finished one of my my mini-projects today.

It involved a highlighter, a book by Jamie Oliver, and my sheer cold will.

The pink luminescence of the cookbook drew my eye as soon as it landed in my lap. It was a gift from the closest of family friends, and some of the nicest people I know (and though I should include my parents in this, I shan't because I'm mad at them currently). The smiling face of Jamie Oliver brought a smile to my face, as I remembered his crusade to improve school lunches for kids (and adults by extension) when I watched TV more in my younger days.

Such a noble crusade, I can support.

Unfortunately, grains.

Grains everywhere.

And peppers.

And tomatoes.

And this pains me, but the eggs, and the dairy... I had no choice but to take up my flattened swordlighter (because it slays bad things in this context) and remove them, as well, at least for now.

Things like reduced-fat crème fraiche (why bother?!), and chili jam (Nigel Ng's mockery notwithstanding), and beer (truly, the worst of them all) struck aging straight into my heart, and I hearkened to add more archaic words to my plaint. 

Seriously though, I had great fun highlighting ingredients in his 7 Ways cookbook that need to be replaced with paleo ingredients. And the best part is that, save for a few of the recipes which had an overwhelming majority of ingredients highlighted, I think I can theoretically make the recipes paleo. Now if they'll taste good is a whole other problem to solve, but taking direction from a celebrated chef seems like a great start.

 ---

Song of the day:

I'm pretty sure this song is called Gold Cold Heart
Also something interesting: saw a person wearing a shirt that said Johnny Cash on it today


 

No comments:

Post a Comment