Tuesday 1 January 2019

GBS & HW + Env't = Faith

George Bernard Shaw wrote: "Life is no brief candle for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."

This mixes well with what Hayley Williams sings in Last Hope: "It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going. And when it's dark out and no one's around it keeps glowing."

As an environmentalist, the worst part of it is that too many people still drive SUVs solo everywhere in this dead water city. My worry is that what kids will be breathing in 50 years will not just be smog, but something more akin to smog-haze-sludge because of human irresponsibility.


In other news, I'm taking a 1st year chemistry course this semester at the best university in Canada. Wow!




No comments:

Post a Comment