Saturday 5 January 2019

A laugh of despair

Gliding through the effervescent blinding light of the Dark Forest, I feel warm tears slowly dissolve into icicle trinkets that hang from my shocked eyes.

I saw Orion, the hunter today. He is as bright as ever. And I hate to use this word, because I despise it, because it is entirely true, that I am grateful that I can still see stars at night. I can even make out constellations. In the middle of a city.

In the middle, there was nothing but energies swirling around me. And I can't see. I can't see because the icicles melted away to be replaced by poisonous particles that exist because of the cancerous plague we've unleashed as a species.

So I laughed. I laughed a twisted cry of mercy, and the laugh was almost inhuman that I had no choice but to cry. So cry I did, for a fleeting moment, until the photons hurt me once more.

X-rays have nothing on the radiation... the radiation that perversely invades every soul caught in this City of Blinding Lights.


Memoria ex aeterna: I loved listening to U2 when I was playing Halo CE on New Mombasa.

 Edit: Typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment