Sunday 13 January 2019

Conflight

A man took my spot on a badminton court today.

When I tried to explain to him that I was taking a one minute break in-between games whilst my mixed partner warmed up, he told me to "lose your attitude". I looked at him quizzically, and decided that he was not worth my time.

I, as calmly as I could, rose up from the bench I was sitting and walked to my other spot, on the benches at a far court. Whilst gathering my bearings, he continued to yell at me.

I could have yelled at him. Had I been a more violent person by nature, I might even have punched him for being so rude, inconsiderate, and downright mean. Instead, I tried to play a game with better people. I won that game; but the fun was gone, so I left and did my best to amble back home.

The subways were down, and I walked through the crowds of brightened people hurrying to catch a shuttle bus South or North while I made my way into the Loblaws to purchase an assortment of products that I probably paid too much for and that I definitely did not need.

Thus ends my story about my productive day.

Oh, and I made cricket/mushroom/fish soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment