Saturday 19 January 2019

Majestic and poisonous

I started my day by picking a card; treading is what was given to me, so tread I tried to do.

Was I cautious? I certainly feel like I was, since I decided to bike home by renting a BikeShare bike and pedaled, pedaled I did on mostly watery roads illuminated by the harsh glow of endless cars. It was a fun ride home, in different words.

The highlight of my week is attending all my classes - I'm finally doing science again. I'm picking up almost where I left off, oh, say, almost 12 years ago now, which would have been the last time I was in IB and taking science. And indeed, this was a time when I was blogging furiously and emotionally, and I'm getting back into that.

I don't want to be sucked into a scientific hell where I see the world through the lens of pure numbers and molecules, so I decided to check out A Farewell to Arms from the St. Michael's Library. I've read it in French before, and I thought it was a terrific story. You really get to feel the emotions of the characters that Hemingway writes about, and the imagery almost rivals Tolkien's. I can't wait to read it in its original form!

-

I still feel lonely, even more so on campus. I don't look anyone in the eye anymore. I think it's too painful. My iron heart keeps beating, and my carbonated lungs process the toxicating smog that I regrettably inhale each day. For how much longer will the poison spread?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back to it good sir. Molecules and numbers. Logic and ingenious collective cleverness ahead I think. Chemistry has special offerings.

    ReplyDelete