Tuesday 3 June 2008

P-M-A-T

P is for prophase, the first in four
M is metaphase, there's only two more
A is anaphase, the separation of the core
T is telophase, where you will have one daughter cell more.

I thought it was absolutely brilliant anyway, I mean, writing a song for a culminating science project? Awesome.

So, my day was alright, I went to school to do a little presentation to my APS (Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology)(it's such a pain to have to say this everytime, because of course no one knows what APS stands for till you tell them) teacher, coincidentally, about "the blogging subculture". Yes, I argued that bloggers were part of a subculture, and she seemed to like it, so that was nice.

Because Ms. Birrell was done walking around asking people about their subcultures, she decided that the class should get back to painting the mural near the staffroom. In a bold and daring move, I perfected the art of escapism, vanishing around the corner of a hallway on our way to the mural to "vanish" myself downstairs in the guidance office. You must understand, I'm a terrible artist (my 26 in IB art last year speaks for itself), and I really didn't feel like blessing the school with some half-assed drawing of some stick-people holding hands chanting "EQUALITY YEAAAAH!". Apologies to my group members who did in fact stick around to paint.

So yes, in the guidance office, I met with Mr. Hartill to see if I could schedule some summer school classes. He was doubtful at first that I'd be able to do three credits, but everything turned out just fine! He printed like a dozen pages of paperwork that I will have to get to sometime soon. I'll be working with the catholics (gasp!) for my Writer's Craft course, which I will be taking online.

If my blog posts suddenly start looking nicer and wittier, and more literary-ish, you can thank the Pope.

And then remedial Advanced Functions will be a bit of a doozy, though it's only a month and a few hours per day, and if I show up to class and do my homework, my mark will be high, and considering I haven't done ANY homework at all this year in math, much less come to class, it's a win-win situation! Less time spent on math, good grades nonetheless!

... Oh gawd it's not, Math during the summer is just awful.

Well, sleep time, dawgs.

Piece.

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast
Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I'm really flattered you thought the song was brilliant and the fact you like listening to me sing at all.

    Some last minute things that you should know
    Of spindle microtubules, centromeres, or so
    Centromeres are centres of sister chromatids and so
    Are attached to spindle microtubules that grow
    From cell poles.

    ReplyDelete