Thursday 19 June 2008

From day to day, summer

You know, sometimes you just want to do something, it's not exceedingly weird, but just weird enough that people question "Why?". Well, today was no exception. It would have been weird had my plans succeeded, and had not a number of factors come in to ruin my plan. For it was almost a plan, too, I had things calculated in my mind. And I had a stopwatch.

The plan was drafted late last night with my former associate, Juzeebull. Let me tell you a little bit about Juzeebull. No, I won't be mean. Let's just say... she's not the best person for the job. Sure, I've seen people arrive thirty minutes late before, but I mean, they had alright excuses. "My cat was on fire" is not a good excuse. Oh believe me, I love Juzee's cat, it's just, that, well, he wasn't exactly on fire, or running around the house throwing up, now was he, hmm?

Anyways.

I'll give you a brief overview of the plan.

The plan was to call into action the following:
1. Meet up with Agent Juzeebull at the designated Subway Station, at 2:00 pm.
2. Explain the rest of the plan to Agent Juzeebull during the alloted transportation time.
3. Provide Agent Juzeebull with the designated materials, which consisted of a pen and a stack of blank paper.
4. Rendez-vous at "a Starbucks on Queen Street", where subjects #1 and #2 should already be present, and totally unaware of our mission.
5. Find a suitable table not too far away from the table at which subjects 1 and 2 would be seated, pay attention, study, observe, and take notes on said subjects.
6. Due to lack of disguise, it would have been an open mission, and the instructions would have been to ignore the subjects should they attempt to engage in conversation, which they most certainly would have.
7. After our recon mission would be done, the mission would be over, and any normal social interaction could proceed.

Things that went wrong with the plan:
1. Agent Juzeebull was late, which almost made the entire operation have to be aborted.
2. There are quite a few Starbucks on Queen Street.
3. The subjects were not present at any Starbucks at the designated time of 12:00 pm. In fact, we were AHEAD of the subjects. It seems that subject 1 decided to sleep in. The fact that subject 1 lives 1:47 away from my house could have also jeopardized the entire operation.
4. I insisted that it was to be a COVERT operation, and Juzeebull did everything possible to spill the beans.

So, yeah. It was a total failure. In the end, me and Juzeebull just walked around the Eaton Centre for a little while, and on the pretext of an optometrist appointment at 5:30, we parted ways. (It was another one of her little tricks, she "forgot" that her appointment was actually tomorrow.)

Maybe it wasn't a total failure. I don't know. The subjects came and visited me later on in the day. They were both totally drenched from the rainstorms that occurred throughout the day. Subject 2 insisted with fervor "DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!", which makes me question why she would even bother knocking at my door if I wasn't supposed to look at her. Tell me, was I supposed to wear a cardboard box over my head and wait as you handed me the 2112 pin (which I do appreciate, actually), and then try and talk through the box, just so I couldn't see your oh-so-ruined locks of golden hair, Sonata?

Besides, I think it serves the subjects right to be soaked from the rainstorm. I think it's a sign from the heathens that you don't mess up my beautifully crafted plans.

Oh, and the pin has this picture on it:


Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast
Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless.



No comments:

Post a Comment