Sunday 15 June 2008

A Blogger's (Mis)Adventure

Most revered audience,
I have prepared for you another late-night style blog, where revelations of the mind would not normally take place during the daylight. I suppose I should hurry, sun's gonna be up soon.

You see, this night, I was hopeful for... well, an adventure, no more, no less, with L. Unfortunately, I suppose plans can change in a snap, and this most hopeful event was called off a couple hours before rendez-vous.

At it's most basic level, this made me sad. I had been looking forward to it for a little while. It's been stressing me out, many things have, naturally.

So, at the predisposed time of the rendezvous, I decided to have myself an adventure. Except, well, it's not really an adventure.

There are times where I just want to walk forever, you know, the classic scene, leave everything behind, leave the past, and just walk ahead. One step at a time. So, well, that's what I did. I walked, walked, walked. Toward the lake, really, but I stopped at Bloor. Bloor and Christie. Sound familiar? Yes, so I walked around, and into the maw of Christie Pits. It's an eerie place at night, especially since they'd closed the gigantic lights. I sat on a few benches.

And then, I continued, along Bloor, listening to, quite aptly, A Momentary Lapse of Reason by Pink Floyd. On the left, some Mexican restaurant blasting loud music, on the right, a karaoke bar, on the left, some guy playing electric guitar on a corner, on the right, the massive Honest Ed's.

Now, I don't want to go into alllll the details, but I guess in two hours worth of walking, a lot of things happen. I chanced upon a mattress lying on the ground just a couple of houses down from L's house, and since I was tired from walking around for a while, I dozed a bit on it. Quite an experience, I must say.

And then I passed by L's house, which is in fact quite a shrouded house, surrounded by foliage and all.

But anyway, I suppose it was time for me to go home, so I walked back up Christie, aaaaall the way up to St. Clair. On the way there, I met a bunch of homies from middle school just lounging about, so that was a nice little reunion.

Now, for the most action packed part of my little adventure: As I cross St. Clair to the north side, a car that looks a bit smashed on the side almost collides with me as I cross the street. Whatever, doesn't bother me too much. So I keep walking along St Clair, and the car drives past me, honks once, and turns on the next street, and stops the car. I just walk by quickly. He turns around, drives on St Clair again, honks AGAIN, and turns on the next street, and stops the car! I walk faster now, and make it to Arlington, but he's back on St Clair! He honks at me once, but unfortunately, he can't turn on Arlington, since it's a one way, so he keeps going. So I go up Arlington, and make it safely back home. I was expecting to see him rumbling down Arlington, but it seems he'd given up on stalking me.

Well, the sun's come up now, and I know I'll have trouble sleeping... And I have to spend all of today studying for my World Issues exam, which will be a pain. And very boring. And I'm still a bit... depressed, for lack of a better word, about things that haven't happened tonight. It's a sort of longing. I don't know, I won't describe how I feel into too much detail on here, it is, after all, a public blog.

Farewell, my most revered audience.


Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast
Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless.

4 comments:

  1. i love how you just ran into some middle school friends at like, 4 in the morning. that's totally not weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reflecting back, I suppose that is quite a coincidence indeed, mysterious agirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does L stand for who I think it does? Also, the driver probably thought you were a really hot tall girl from behind. You know, being around 4 in the morning and all...maybe he even had a little bit to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete