Wednesday 25 June 2008

"WAKE UP, GABBY"

Those are the words which woke me up from my bad slumber two mornings ago (and by morning, I mean 3:00 pm). It seems that a bunch of my buddies thought it unacceptable that I was to be found sleeping at such a time, when the sun has passed its zenith, that sort of thing. So you know what they did? They barged into my house and yelled at me. I could distinctly hear The Prom Queen's voice above all the others (hence the "WAKE UP GABBYYYY!"), but I could obviously hear others, some yelling obscenities which are sure to make anybody wake up. One of the group even had the guts to storm storm up to my bedroom whilst I was dozing and see the array of (free) horror movie posters on the wall, and the messiness of a normal teenager's room.

Truth be told, I suppose it was time I woke up, but still, they were not able to respect the fact that I had gone to sleep at 8:00 that morning, and it seemed utterly ridiculous to them that I should be sleeping while they had Rock Band set up at Devlin's house.

I guess they really needed a plastic-guitar guitarist for the band.

Fifteen minutes later, all woken up, I was at Devlin's house applying my not-so-epic Guitar Hero skillz to Rock Band's flimsy guitar on Jet's "Are you gonna be my girl?". The Prom Queen's a-singing, the Hippie's a-shreddin', and the drummer's, well, a-drummin', and we pulled off some ill "Unison Combos", which I think means that we hit the notes at the exact same time or something.

Before all you critics have anything to say about the nerdiness of playing cheap plastic instruments and trying to mimic real rockstars even though we've got nothing on them talent-wise, I'd like to refer you to the pillar of sanity that is XKCD:

And it was fun. It's even more fun when you have someone who really can't sing, like me, but luckily, I stayed on the guitar for most of the time, only stepping up as the singer for "Black Hole Sun" since I was the only one who knew the song.

Memorable quote:
"Me: Damnit! We only lasted two minutes on Foreplay!"
"KateS aka Prom Queen: Don't worry Gabby! We'll last longer this time!"
"Devlin, walking in: WTF?"


Anyone like cherries? I have to climb on top of the shed-thing in the back and pick some cherries from the cherry tree, but there's always way too much. So if you like cherries, I don't think anyone would mind if you came and gathered your own little stock, make some pies, or something. They're good cherries. Usually.

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast
Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless.

2 comments:

  1. I'm offended! I was one of those who called out "WAKE UP GABBY!!!" =( why am I not getting the credit I deserve. Although I must say it was quite fun to see your kitty. what a cutie! Well maybe this experience will teach you not to stay up for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will stop by sometime this summer to pick cherries. I don't whether to inform you or not. This operation may be done during your sleeping hours.

    ReplyDelete