Monday 9 June 2008

Depuis L'Automne

Well, when I feel a little better, I'll be sure to make a blog entry about prom night, but for now, I'm really not feeling it.

There's something I love right now, it's the storm outside. It's magical, though it's really dark, the thunder is booming, the lightning is flashing, the rain is pelting, and as I'm listening to Harmonium, it's a bit enthralling, making me forget.

I had to wake up early today to go write the french exam, and it was just awful. The room, it was suffocating, I almost felt like I was going to pass out right there. I finished about 35 minutes in, and had to correct the lazy teacher (hypocrite, I know) on a couple questions which made no sense.

The rest of the time, the only thing I could do is sit and wait at the desk for what seemed like a long, long time.

Though I am sick in a little more than two ways, I still think I'll go walk outside after the storm's done, whenever in the night that happens to be. It's really pure and all, after a big rainstorm, and you can just feel the energy all around you.

So a few nights ago, I couldn't sleep at all for the whole night, I spent it twisting and turning in my bed. It was on a hot day, that's for sure. You see, my room kind of sticks out of the house, and it's not very well insulated, so during the winter, it gets really cold, and during the summer... Well, since it's at the top of the house, sticking out, it gets really, really warm. So it makes sense that I couldn't sleep. Luckily, I found the old AC-fridge-machine thing, and I put it on the window (it's a pity though, now I can't go sit outside on the roof), so it keeps my room nice and frosty. I hope it doesn't guzzle up too much energy. And it's kind of loud, but the drone helps me sleep.

As I walk around the house, I usually see the cats just kind of lying there, looking all chill. And when they're smart, they go downstairs where it's nice and cool.

My outlook on life at the moment isn't the most positive, but, well, as Monty Python puts it so well:

Always look on the bright side of life,
Always look on the light side of life.
So that's it folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment