02/10/26

A drum, drumming

There should be a pic here of my djembe, a bench, my knee, and Christie Pits; however, so far, my iPhone is causing me friction when I’m trying to blog since I don’t have a dedicated Blogger app, so perhaps the picture will come later when the uploading of it is easier.

So I’ll keep it short today and just say that going for the organic weed last night was a great idea after all. I slept like a baby, and I woke up alert, awake, and ready to think through some financial decisions, which is always useful when you’re sober.

For tonight, I’m trying not to consume cannabis to ensure I don’t fall back into old sedentary patterns like being a couch potato and, also, to keep my tolerance low. I can thus afford higher quality medicine, and the CBD oil I take daily supports my healing modality well enough to feel comfortable going without THC every single night.

Another treatment modality I respect is drumming, especially Native and Afro-Cuban. It feels good to drum, and it’s among the oldest therapies in the world; no need to prove that. So I decided to visit a couple parks and practice in the open air, and it feels good to carry a heavy drum on my back while I walk between some Toronto midtown parks. Life heavy things and all.

That’s it! Take care, future me (or other person reading this).

Aucun commentaire: