Sunday 21 December 2008

You better not pout

I'm telling you why
Santa is coming, to town.

So today's activity with the Katimagroup was to go Christmas caroling in a senior's home. And beforehand, me, M, & J formed this club of people who weren't very much impressed by the idea of going caroling.

But you know what?

I disbanded the club afterward.

I had a genuinely good time, I really did. My job was to hold the papers with the notes and lyrics to the carols in front of D., the local guitar shop owner who is quite a singer and guitarist, and for A1 who didn't seem to play guitar nearly as much as he seemed to want to. Turns out B Flats are chords unheard of to him.

But anyway, we dazzled through the hallways of this massive centre, distributing hot apple cider (because really cold apple cider is just so untraditional, you know?) and singing our lungs out.

Ah, the looks on all the seniors' faces, it was simply heartwarming, it was.

Hitting the high notes was quite amusing for A2, because she was noticing how badly I could hit them. Silent Night was especially gruesome.

Yesterday was one of my Quiet Days again, it was a sort of a mourning day for me, even though there wasn't anything physical to mourn over. I spent most of my day in my bedroom, away from all the zombies of this house.

But I went to sleep happy, very happy indeed, so today I woke up feeling content, not as ecstatic as when I went to sleep, but enough to have a most pleasant day.

Ah, I really do have something concrete to look forward to after Katimavik, I'm so happy about it. It's just such an awesome idea, it fills me with joy.

What is it, what is it?

No, I can't reveal it, it might jinx it from ever happening.

This idea will give me things to think about when I have nothing else to think about except losing The Game.

I lost.

On that note, goodnight, sleep in time for me tomorrow, and work is done for another three weeks when I will find out what I'll be doing in Ste-Marie!

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless