Wednesday 31 December 2008

Experiental Social Experiments

Yeah yeah, I know the title is redundant, it just sounded cooler that's all.

I have a new goal in Katimavik, this goal is perfect, because this is the perfect place to accomplish it.

Social experiments.

What?

That could mean many different things.

What I'm talking about is creating, observing, applying the scientific method to "experiments" in this household and to the people within it.

No, not laboratories, no strange chemicals, you could call them mind games.

What exactly am I doing?

I am devising ways of understanding humans!

Now now, you may think I'm rather egotistical, oh what's the word, I don't know, but I mean, why do I think I can take on such a massive and bold task?

Well, it's not terribly serious, it's mostly for kicks and for amusement, to make myself feel smart, I don't know, I just enjoy it okay?!

Get to the point, Gabe.

Okay, so far, I've experimented with the following things:
  • How a person feels guilt, how they deal with it, how they hide/show it
  • How many times a person blinks in a minute depending on certain activities
  • Jealousy. Why and how someone feels jealous of something, someone
The first task was only a partial success. I had two subjects - K and A. K escaped without feeling guilt because at the last minute she remembered something.
A, however, certainly had the stimulus to -feel- guilt. It's been hard to see his reaction though, he's quite the quiet one.

The third task is currently in progress. I hope to see results soon.
I might explain the experiments a bit better later on. Then again, I've promised so many things on this blog.

Evil, isn't it?

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless

4 comments:

  1. I think the large umbrella term is anthropology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if we are to be technical, the best term would probably be "Sociology", which is the study of groups of people and the relationships between them.

    Anthropology would refer more to the study of the human race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Social and cultural anthropology will touch upon your experiments, and so referring to your experiments as anthropology (or at least a form of) is still relevant.

    ReplyDelete