Wednesday 17 December 2008

Sha la la la la la, Strathroy

Ohhhh don't I feel like a bad boy for taking time to blog while I'm at work.
I'm technically supposed to be calculating all the hours that I've done here, and writing down everything that I've done.

That has proven harder than I thought.

I also had a hard time yesterday putting down a job title for what it is I actually do here (for this resume writing workshop). Err.
They make me do everything, sometimes I'm with the counselling team, sometimes the administrative, usually the Community Support team, and a lot of time is spent in the activity section of the building.

I got destroyed when I tried to play pool with a client yesterday...

After this work week is over, there are big plans for the christmas break.

We're going christmas caroling on Saturday.
Yes, and I'll just sit at the back of the group (under the excuse that I'm the tallest, therefore I should be at the back) and "sing".

The entire cluster is coming over for christmas eve, aw yeah!
But you know, they want us to wear our "ugly sweaters" for ugly sweater night.
I'm not going out to buy an ugly sweater.
I'm going to wear my nice purple sweater that my grandma knitted for me a while back, thank you.

In case you didn't know, my next rotation is in Ste-Marie, QC, and I've looked it up, and it looks -so- much better than Strathroy.

They actually have a usable gymnasium, and there's a badminton league!

I am definitely going to go play there, hopefully every week, hopefully for free!

`-`-`-`-`

According to Katimavik, there are four "stages" of group living:
Introducing
Norming
Storming
Performing

Which is supposed to be some sort of cycle. We're definitely past the introduction stage, and we've already been normed, so it's a cycle between storming and performing.

There's no massive storming, where everyone just loathes each other, it's mostly tidbits with certain people sometime, at least for me.

One thing which gets to me in Katimavik is the need to share everything.

If you're feeling down, you're totally supposed to go out there and explain why you're feeling down and blah blah blah, and I'm really not like that at all, so I don't do it. People tell me I'm not supposed to do that, but I don't care, I don't like sharing like that, especially with all these people around.

Even right now, I feel I'm sharing a little too much, but obviously, blogs are a rather different form of information sharing, yes?

The other thing that gets to me in Katimavik is the whole "we do everything as a group" thing.
For example, on Tuesdays, we have this free tai chi class that this guy has been giving us for the past few weeks. Everyone seems to enjoy it.

Personally, I'm not feeling it.

But I can't not go, so I show up, do the tai chi, and leave.

I just don't like it, that's all, I don't feel the "chi", nor do I feel the need to "feel" it. Others' experiences will vary.

So that's that.

I'm having a good time in Katimavik though, don't get me wrong, and I certainly don't see myself quitting.

No one has left in my group yet, which is a bit surprising, considering some of the circumstances that I shan't describe here (at least not for now). And I've been googling katimavik, and a lot of groups seem to lose members within the first months, so we're doing alright!

That is all, back to work, zug zug.

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless

No comments:

Post a Comment