Thursday 8 March 2012

Musical Decree

Hi. It's me again.
Oh god, what now.

Did you manage not to each junk food since last night?
I... I don't know...  It all happened so fast...

What do you mean?
It was 3 am and I was practically starving... and that box of cheerios, with the cute bee and little crispy round things... I just couldn't stop myself.

Stop yourself from...?
OKAY OKAY I ADMIT MY DEED! I ATE A WHOLE BOWL OF DELICIOUS HONEY NUT CHEERIOS WITH A COPIOUS AMOUNT OF 3.25% MILK LATE LAST NIGHT BECAUSE I COULDN'T SLEEP.

Anything else you care to confess?
This is starting to get creepy. I had a few bites of chocolate Haagen-Dazs and a bit of sorbet, but otherwise I'm clean today, I swear!

Good job!
Gee.. thanks?

Are you ready for your next ordinance?
Why do you have to act so formal? Yes I'm ready. I think I did okay on the first decree. You kind of remind me of someone from the fifth Harry Potter book, though...

I'm much nicer than that evil witch.
Yeah, and a little more sentient, too...

Spiritual decree #2: Play your djembe at least a few times per week at first, then augment to at least 10 minutes per day during daylight.
Hmm, I think I could do that. Do tell me, Guardian Angel, Spiritual Protector, whatever... What is the importance of this decree?

Well, music has massive healing powers, especially the drum because it's probably one of the most ancient instruments known to man. It fuels your soul in ways that no amount of Justin Bieber babies ever will, because it acts just like an external heartbeat to guide you. I'm not asking you to go to drum circles and solo (which would be super cool and you know it!), but just hearing a rhythm daily can bring a happy cadence to your life.


Solid. Sooo... should I start right now?
No. At this hour, you'll wake up the old lady next door to you that you've been using as an excuse not to practice. During the daytime and with spring approaching, there's no better time to commit to improving your musical talents, and you know it!


I think your enthusiasm is rubbing off on me. I hate it when that happens...
Cheer up buttercup!


Karma Aspiration Langune Entité Iodinement Dérive Oisellerie Ulysse Guimauve Hurlement Salutaire Citronelle Ophilia Perspicace Ettore 

No comments:

Post a Comment