Friday 11 July 2008

My Curse

DragonForce @ Downsview Park August 8th.
Sonata Arctica and Nightwish @ The Docks September 2nd.

I will definitely go see Sonata Arctica & Nightwish, as they're right up there with my favourite bands.

DragonForce, I'm iffy about. I know I'm very snobbish with my music, but that DF concert seems disconcerting to me. Firstly, the tickets are 50 bucks, jacked up from 20 dollars when I went to go see them two years ago with my friend Danielle at the Opera House. That was one hell of a concert, it was fantastic, and hilarious, I'll try and spare you most of the details. There were these people in mail armor with a foam warhammer that they were waving about, that sort of thing. And hell, the band had so much friggin energy. I was tired from just standing the whole time, but they were jumping around flailing on their guitars and all. They were damn cool.

The thing I don't like about this concert that they're doing is that I have no doubt that there will be a bunch of flavour-of-the-month kids present who just happened to discover DragonForce with the song Through the Fire and the Flames on Guitar Hero, and they thought it sounded cool and decided "hell I'll go to this concert". I know I should feel fine about them going to a concert in which they shelled out their money for and that they should be allowed to enjoy Herman Li's shreddin' too, but it still annoys me.

As for Nightwish and Sonata Arctica, oh that will just be fantastic. The Sonata Arctica concert I went to back in September was effing awesome, they are one hell of a good band. Plus, they're not so totally mainstream that they still allow me to feel as though the music is for their fans, and not purely for the music industry. (I was sickened when I saw DragonForce on MTV the other day).

Alright, I didn't want to make a long post.

Bye.

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast
Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless.

1 comment: