Wednesday 9 July 2008

Just summer

Okay, well, since I got a couple questions, I figured I'd elaborate a bit on summer school.

It's at Earl Haig, a nice, behemoth of a school. It's huge. Not massive, but huge, with big windows and an Eaton Centre feel to the place. It took me forever to find my classroom on the first day. In the morning, I hear it's like an oven, but since my classes run from 12:30 to 3:15, it's nicely AC'ed by the time I arrive to the classroom.

The classroom is rather bland, nothing special.

The teacher is, simply said, a good math teacher. He's sort of an older version of Mr. Budnik (if you know him, he makes lots of corny references in whatever he teaches). Notable corny quotes from Mr. Neiderhauser(sp) include: "The Factor Theorem is applicable everywhere, in calculus, in engineering, with your girlfriend." and some others I can't remember, though some are cringers for sure.

He's very passionate about math, that's for sure. IMHO he's a better teacher than the one I had at Vaughan, but it doesn't matter too much now.

As for the course itself, it feels nice to be at the forefront of the class, after spending three annoying years in IB always being meh and near the bottom most of the time. I got a 92% on my math test today. Let me tell you, I haven't seen those beautiful numbers on a test in four friggin' years.

I distincly remember Grade Eight math, where I got highest mark on this exponents test, and hell I was surprised, because everyone else just did reallllllyyyy bad on it. It was wonderful, everyone had to retake it, but I didn't need to.

That's a bit of how I feel at summer school.

Like I said, summer school isn't bad at all. Though the commute is like 50 minutes, and I just stick to my own little desk in the class barely talking to anyone at all for a solid three hours, I don't mind.

The thing that does bother me is when I come back home and waste away. At least I don't have to deal with insomnia anymore though, that's an upgrade, but I have the feeling of wasting my last high school summer, much the same way I wasted all my other summers. It's not a cool feeling. And then there's the interpersonal troubles I gotta deal with too, but I'd rather not bring that up on a simple routine blog.

Barely two weeks before summer school's done, a month and a bit till Fan Expo, and I'll be receiving my travel destinations for September anytime now!

I'm excited for all those things, but dreading some other things, naturally.

Toodemeddles.

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast
Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless.

1 comment:

  1. I was leered at again today.
    - you know who

    ReplyDelete