Saturday 26 July 2008

Close, but no cigar

That's probably the expression my math teacher used the most.
Summer school's doooooone, I had my exam yesterday (if you can't tell, I'm writing this entry at 5:30 am), the exam was -easier- than the practice exam that he gave us the day before to complete. I answered all the questions (I'd say 95% of them right) that didn't have to do with Trigonometry, and, as for trigonometry, well, I answered about 50% of those. I hate Trig. It's awful. The identities. The formulas. The definitions. The endless barrage of possible answers, and the ever-so-annoying "special triangles".

But luckily, the Trig section was very small! So yay, I know I'm getting a good mark on the exam, hence a good mark on the course.

As for Virtual Summer School, that's working out nicely, it gives me something productive to do on the computer instead of browsing 4chan, youtube, XKCD forums etc.

Oh. And the biggest announcement of all, which I almost forgot at this primitively early hour:

Katimavik destinations. I got the package in the mail today.

From September 17th-January 7th, I'll be in Strathroy, ON (it's a small town 40 km west of London!). Between January 7th-March 25th, I'll be in Sainte-Marie, QC, a small town south of Quebec city. And... drumroll... Between March 25th-June 27th... I'll be in VANCOUVER, BC!

I was really hoping for a BC destination, and I get the best for last! And Vancouver is just totally awesome! Yaaaay.!

I think the tuffest part of the program will be in Quebec (though it'll even be harder for the people in my group who aren't bilingual, I'll admit), because, despite global warming, the snow is still going strong during the winter in Quebec. My parental units gave me a little speech on how I'd finally experience the true Canadian winter. It so happens that my mother lived in a town very close to Sainte-Marie, and I have relatives just about everywhere in Quebec, so no doubt I'll be seeing someone at some time or another.

I am currently haggling with my parents to buy myself a laptop, and I admit, reader, that part of the want of this laptop is so that you can stay updated on my adventures through this very blog. I know it's a bit sad, but I would find it very hard to live without a computer (rather, the Internet) for extended periods of time.

More details to come, I've already saturated this blog with enough stuff.

Goodnight.

Last edited April 15th 2019: Added exclamation point, barred the full stop. GH

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast

Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless.