Tuesday 13 May 2008

La Prom(enade)

Yeah yeah, let's make it official, shall we? Through my blog.

It seems that, after numerous efforts from many, many people and bribes of all sorts (my friend Superphia offered me a spicy burrito, believe it or not), I have succumbed. Yes, I, Gabriel, am officially announcing my candidature at VRA's prom @ the Eglinton Grand. Let's ignore the fact for a second that I was clearly a member of the anti-prom committee, and examine why I'm choosing to go.

Primo: "IT'S YOUR PROM MAN, YOU HAVE TO GO TO PROM MAN, YOU'LL REGRET IT FOREEEEVER". Really, the only reason anyone's ever given me.

Secundo: The 80 bucks isn't coming out of my own pocket =D (oh the things I could do with 80 dollars).

Tertio: I'm going to spend my night doing nothing anyway, so, well, an 80 dollar party might be... something.

However awkward the prom may turn out to be, I do not think I shall cut my hair for the occasion. Yes, I may trim it (the amount of "OMG ARE THOSE SPLIT ENDZ LOLZ" I get per day is staggering, but upon further examination of my hair, it's not thaaaaat bad...), but cutting it would be too much. I mean, come on, I have a reputation to keep, people expect me to show up with long hair, and I will.

Now for the clothing situation... Hmm... Well, I have zero formal attire. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that I HAVE to buy a tux and HAVE to have nice dress shoes and blah blah. I think that's way too old-fashioned. C'mon guys, we're not in the fifties anymore. But ah well, I'm willing to forgo everything I stand for, if for just one night.

As for finding a limo and a date, I won't worry too much about that.

Cheers to you, Mrs. Robinson!

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast
Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless.

1 comment:

  1. fourth reason: you'll get to see people dressed up in ways that would never be possible elsewhere.
    fifth reason: you can take photos with your camera and blackmail people x-years from now at our reunion..
    sixth reason: you should always be up for a party!
    So hows that for reasons why you should go? Hehehe =P

    ReplyDelete