Saturday 3 May 2008

Alegría

'ello 'ello.

This'll be a very standard blog, nothing fancy.

IB History HL exam in um. Four days! And five days! It's a five hour exam you see, three parts to it and all. I've studied a lot of pages from this textbook, but it's really only been one subject, and there's sooo much more stuff to study, urgh.

Trotsky is so cool, he had this train he used to ride around during the civil war, it had a propaganda-making machine inside it, food, communications devices and all. Talk about a pimped out ride, and he rode all around Russia inspiring troops, which apparently helped a lot.

The night time is a very a neat place. There are many things that happen at night that can only be seen at night, it's very cool indeed. I must emphasize that I have not discovered the night alone, but rather had it shown to me.

High school's end is just around the corner (I'd make a pun involving Mr. Corner here but alas I have none), and it's severely depressing. It really is, I feel depressed whenever I think about it. Most people I talk to are awfully glad to be leaving high school forever, but it makes me very sad thinking I won't be able to wander the hallways like I usually do at lunch or whatever. I meet a lot of people that way, and though I do get told mean things from time "Do you HAVE any friends, Gabe?" (that comment having been told to me after my fifth circling around of the third floor), it's a sort of ritual, I suppose.

I am, of course, excited for Katimavik, with my departure set for September 17th, and my package detailing where my three locations will be to arrive sometime in the near future. But it's really scary, I can only describe this fear by comparing it to claustrophobia: for nine months, I won't be able to have physical human contact with any of the people I have come to know through the years. Though I'm not exactly a social person, and as such you may be tempted to think "but Gabe, you never did anything anyway", it's more of the fact that I WON'T have the chance to do something even if I wanted to that bugs me.

So, I suppose I should make the most of what's left huh?

We'll see what happens.

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast
Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless.

P.S. Ha ha, have fun with your 18-22 hours of IB exams, IB'ers.
P.P.S. Yes, I realize that I have school left whereas you're all done after those grueling hours, but shh.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand your fear of leaving high school as well... I'm so freaked out... I'm going to be in a place where no one else (as far as I know), who I've come to know for the past four years, will be! Ugh I hate that thought... but for now I believe it is summer! woot! well at least for stupid IB students like me =P.

    ReplyDelete