2024-05-08

Admittedly poor attendance without presence

I finally decided I won't be going back to school this summer. I mean, I would have loved to, but I was irked by the fact that the admissions + accessibility process was painful. Literally, headache-inducing. I figured that my college admission would be far easier to complete than my university application, and I was proven wrong. Two, three, four meetings (some over Zoom - not a fan of the service at all), and they still wanted more out of me. I thought it would be practical. It's too bad, because I was looking forward to travelling across town a few times a week instead of sauntering through the same back-and-forth path that takes me to the south.

Anyway, I'll probably defer my entrance to September, when all the other full-time survivors come in. I figure I'll have a better chance of making it as a full-timer then.

I'll leave this post with this anecdote: a man sat in front of a Zoom meeting. He admired the people who spoke up, and respected the silent listeners and speakers who took their turn when wanting to speak; but on the old computer screen, there was no way to answer a burning question: was my hand raised or not, and if it was, how was I supposed to indicate that it was raised when I could not find the button to do so despite my hand not being raised on screen?

My apologies for the confusing rant; it's one of these posts where I just want to write something down, but I wouldn't call it a freewrite because I came back to this and added many more words to my draft that I must now publish before I lose another ant (i.e. my audience).

Listening to: Murray Perahia, Zubin Mehta & Chopin from a CD that I'm too lazy to go pick up to do due diligence on.

Talked to my dad about Columbia records.

No comments: