Monday 30 January 2012

Words I despise #1

Hi everyone! It's time for Gabriel's moody list of things that really really bug him!

There are a LOT of words that annoy me. If you know me, which you probably do, you might hear me call them out from time to time. There are lots of unknown words in my mind that I repress, though! And here is their grand premiere.


  • Tarot. Tarot. I hate this word. I mean, I love what it does, but I hate the word. It's so ugly. Honestly, why put the word "rot" in there? It's a hideous verb, to rot. And in french it means to burp. For something so beautiful, tarot sure is gross.
  • Buried. Let me bury you. Oh my god, this word. I've hated it since elementary school. Buried, bury, they're both evil. Honestly, why does it have to be pronounced "berried"? "Berry?". REALLY? I SEE NO BERRIES, I SEE ONLY A -U-.
  • On that note, I kinda dislike the word "phonetics". It sounds phony to the max.
  • Science. It's overused. What happened to philosophy?
  • Development. Okay, this one has a history behind it. When I was a young lad, new to the english education system, I used to pronounce the word "développement" like you do in french. Deh-vlop-men. One day, I was sitting in a circle in grade six and I was explaining something super smart. Everyone was paying attention. And then I said the word development in english and pronounced it thus: "dev lop mint". And everyone laughed at me. Well, except maybe Carlyn and Lucy, but I had crushes on both of them so maybe I just pretended like they didn't mock me. Carlyn probably did.
  • Reddit. Oh god, why is it spelled wrong.
  • Twitter, tweet and any derivative word. Well, this one's pretty obvious. I have a profound dislike for twitter and it's ADD-inducing method of sharing information. But did you know? I have a twitter account that I use once in a blue moon. You cannot follow me @kaleidoughscope; I forbid you to.
  • Facebook. In french, it sounds like assbook. No kidding. Fessebook.
  • Kiss. Okay, maybe I just hate PDAs.
  • Dr. Horrible. I just really hate his blog. Or is it a vlog? Who cares!
That's it for today! But fret not, I have SO many other terrible words to share with you!
Till next time,

Karma Aspiration Langune Entité Iodinement Dérive Oisellerie Ulysse Guimauve Hurlement Salutaire Citronelle Ophilia Perspicace Ettore

No comments:

Post a Comment