Sunday 18 November 2007

Welcome to the World

The camera pans over a dark room lit only by the faint glow of a computer screen. There is a girl sitting in on a pile of pillows with her face resting on the keyboard of her laptop, fast asleep.
**Voice over begins in the low mellow tones of Kate Soper**
First impressions are something that people dread all over the world. We stay awake at night fearing the first day at a new school, or pace in the waiting room before an important interview. No matter what it is, big or small, it is hard to be comfortable when you know everything from the shirt you are wearing to the tone of your voice is being analyzed by the person in front of you. The great thing about the internet is that you don’t have to worry if your pants and jacket clash.

With a start Kate is awake and rubbing her eyes, blinking at the screen in front of her, then at the clock across the room on her dresser.

Kate: Crap…*yawn* why the fuck am I not in bed?!

Clicks her mouse, scrolls down the screen and types the final words into her first post on Gabby’s blog. With a flourish the entry is posted.



Good day avid, and not so avid, readers. It is nice to see you, metaphorically, up and about here in cyber space. I am a friend of Gabby’s who he has generously allowed to contribute to his wondrous blog spot. Silly Gabby thought that by allowing me to write for him the vastness of my social circle will read my posts and his blog will gain popularity. Unfortunately Gabby forgot to note that I have no friends who care enough to go out of their way and read my rambling and for that his plan is doomed. His other incentive for inviting me was that I supposedly have an exciting life full of fun times and adventures. I am in IB, it would seem that all IB students are prone to compulsive studying, homework completion and EE research, so even though I am not a typical IB student and do go out more than I probably wise, my choices of fun events are limited by my largely IB based friend group.
Sorry Gabby, guess you will have to make due with my directionless ramblings!

I think that will suffice as an introduction into what Kate Soper the Magnificent is all about.

For lack of a better signing off tagline:
Later days.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful! Magnificent I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificently written, Kate S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conclusion: It was either her sister or her cousin (that wrote this).

    ReplyDelete