Monday 22 October 2007

Procrastination?

Ha, it's me again, and after a bit of advertising, I think I can start writing some more. I wasn't gonna stop anyway, but it's always nice having an audience, as I outlined in my previous post.

The topic of today is procrastination. Yes, we all do it, but there are people who are much better at avoiding it than others, and they tend to be more dedicated people, in my experience. Since the majority of my not-so-avid readers are students, I am of course referring to schoolwork procrastination, which is perhaps the deadliest form of it.

There is reason to be alarmed! According to trustworthy Wikipedia, "Chronic procrastination may be a sign of an underlying psychological or physiological disorder."

And in my experience in the IB program (oh the agony), it would then mean that we are all insane!

Now, upon further examining our case, we come across what is called as the Student Syndrome.
The student syndrome simply means that you will only start the work just before it is due. Is that not true? You know it is. And then sometimes, you'll go cry to a teacher because you didn't "have time" to do your work and give them your get out of jail free card - the parent's note.

And if you were coming here and saw "procrastination" in the title and were hoping that I'd give you some tips on how to cope with it (yeah, like anyone would ask me for tips like that), well, you'll be disappointed. If anything, I will only make things worse by providing you with the newest ultimate procrastination tool - little rabbits jumping on bells.

That's right. Try it. I got somewhat hooked. Try to beat my record - 2.8 million. Have fun, and thank you for letting me ruin your productive work night.

This is Kaleidoughscope signing off, and, as always:
Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast
Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless.

4 comments:

  1. another great source of procrastination is StumbleUpon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. orisinal is so cute i love all thier games:D
    and you are correct in assuming all IBs (that which you are not) are mentaly ill

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw ... VOTE on the starwars thingy lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hate u- that game is way to adicting

    ReplyDelete