Thursday 25 October 2007

Obnoxiousism

So, today was a pretty standard day. Corner gave us the usual speech about how we should work our asses off for history and Paper 2, and be bringing in to class exciting and interesting stuff that deals with history, so the entire class can enjoy the intricacies (yeah, I had to wiktionary that) of European history. He gleefully told us that he was going to give us plenty of in-class essays to, once again, practice for the dreaded Paper 2 essays. Aaand of course he told us that last year's IB history class was soo much better than our class, and that we knew absolutely nothing, which certainly evoked feelings of inspiration among us all, I'm sure.

And then, hypocritically in my eyes, he made us watch a somewhat dull history video about Hitler's life.

Oh, and math was rather dull, but I managed to entertain myself midway through the class by saying to random people "Hey baby, nice ASS-ymptote". Naturally, I found this hilarious, given the fact we were examining some asymptotes anyway. (For those of you not fond of math, feel free to google asymptote, it really does have to do with math). I then realized how idiotic I sounded, but we shall leave that point aside for now.

But the highlight, or rather, the downside to my day was sitting with the Tenners (and, pun intended, they're anything but tenors, with wild, screeching, hysterical voices) and explaining some random school stuff to certain people. Now, don't get me wrong, there are some Tenners who were fine and were worthy of my presence, but unfortunately, I was mostly surrounded by loud, obnoxious people giggling about who-knows-what-I-don't-wanna-know. To get myself through lunch, I simply thought to myself that it was all a gargantuan psychological experiment and I was simply there observing it, as an outsider.

I might repeat the experiment, but I'll bring my selective earplugs (well, I haven't invented them yet, but basically they're earplugs that blot out what you don't wanna hear and instead amplify what you do what to hear to a crisp, crystalline clarity) this time to be able to survive amidst the jungle animals.

Tomorrow's a messed-up day, which perfectly fits with my skipping pattern (more on my skipping pattern some other time) so that I end up not skipping a single class after all!

Well, so long for now, take care of yourselves,
Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast
Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless.

2 comments:

  1. thank me for that lightsaber link, you hobo
    - miya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, when you can find more people for me :(

    ReplyDelete