Thursday 15 February 2024

The Perfect Snowfall

I've complained about the winter weather on this blog a few times before.

It's been a winter with very little snow. And I kept waiting for snow, and hoping it would fall so that I could bask in its glorious blanket of silent fluffy perfection.

And today, my prayers were answered! At around noon, the first snowflakes started falling. A few minutes later, it was more than a few, and pretty soon a beautiful snowfall began and lasted a couple hours before subsiding. And now, as I look outside, the shrubs and the trees are covered with delicate ivory-white snow; neighbours are out and about shovelling the sidewalk (which I'm about to go do after publishing this post); it finally feels like winter.

---

I went for a walk, more than an hour long, with some tunes and my vape. BC Organic Dancehall. What a trip. My cheeks are still flushed and burning somewhat after my little trek in this big city. And during my trip, I wondered what it would be like for someone who's never been to this place to be placed smack dab in the middle of it, seeing the graffiti and the trees and the fancy houses while walking amidst a maze of side streets and garages and cars. Dare I say, I was grateful for all of it, and that my own two feet could carry me through the snow; swoosh, swoosh.


No comments:

Post a Comment