Wednesday 7 June 2023

Burning sky

The past couple days have been interesting, weather-wise.

For starters, it literally smelled like smoke yesterday morning. You could walk outside, and it'd smell like a faint campfire.

It was also foggy. If I looked toward the end of the avenue, I could see a gray haze not unlike a fog, this without a hint of rain in the air.

This morning, the smokey smell remains, and instead of a sunrise, the sunlight literally looks like an orange sunset. It's quite strange.

Of course, the air quality is terrible, and thankfully I don't suffer from any respiratory conditions, but I know that people who have those conditions are seriously advised to stay inside while the smoke blows over.

Yeah, it's smoke from forest fires out in Quebec and Northern Ontario blowing down smack in the centre of the city; it's quite a phenomenon.

Kinda bummed that I still don't have great picture-taking capabilities, but I'm budgeting kinda tight with my money and a new phone or camera isn't really a necessary expense for me so it'll have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment