Friday 2 June 2023

Doom & bloom

Listening to Doomsday by MF Doom it kind of makes me want to write improvisally; making up words, rapping makes it sound pretty. Don't really care if I'm no good at making things sound good; can't rap can't finish my day without my green dope.

See my words on the screen that I freewrite for thee; is the next sentence free or do I have to make it rhyme perfectly? I need to catch up on vocabulary, maybe even read the dictionary. Trying to express as best I can with a beat in mind and a vape in my hand. I'm gonna keep rambling a bit to the tune of doom, but don't expect anything too great or a silver spoon.

I tire of the negative buzz in my head; if I care to sum it up it's all about comparing myself to the common ideal; the glass circus, the identity politics. Sure I might not be rich or fully independent but I still try to improve my present circumstance in the small ways that I can. Not constantly, not even primally; just living day-to-day with some stability. 

So I'll end now with my session done; feeling good, but should still go outside and feel the burning sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment