Monday 17 February 2020

Mid-February wear

It's pretty late to be up and writing, but I have never forgotten something I read long ago that stated that the most creative writing can happen at the oddest hours.

I don't write much these days. I probably should spend more time on it. And I don't take very many pictures, but there I feel like there isn't much to take pictures of as I don't venture out and about as much. I guess I can blame the cold of the winter.

Still, I ought to publish something, and so here I am, but I don't have any photography for you because I'm too tired to go through the process of uploading and transferring my pictures from one cloud service to another. I might have to get a new Android phone (or keep desperately searching for my old one) because it makes it really easy to access my pictures directly, as Blogger is owned by Google, too.
---
I have an improv event tomorrow morning. It's part of a workshop series called Reclaiming our Power, and it's a once-a-month thing where I interact with folks at a downtown social centre. I don't know what else to call it, but I'm happy that I'm going out for something I planned over a month ago. I know it's helpful to not stay at home all day.
--
Maybe I'll write some poetry sometime on here, sometime. It's something to do. And it's nice to not feel judged for what I write. I just wish that sometimes, I did write and something would write back. I almost wrote to Lyra on here again. It's kind of weird seeing His Dark Materials posters in bus stops and seeing an actress incarnate a being that I refer to in a spiritual manner. Portals to other worlds, well, I haven't experienced them in a long while, but somehow, I'm convinced they're still around.

I'm surrounded by maybes. Maybe I'll try something to help get out of my funk. Maybe I'll cook something. Maybe I'll try sports - I did actually sign up for a YMCA membership again, but for now, it's mostly used for pickleball. Oh, pickleball... Stories abound about pickleball, and I play badminton once in a while, too, but not at the YMCA yet, just at a community centre.

Sports are a good thing, but when I don't do them often, I can't say I miss them terribly. I really love video games too much, I swear, it's so much easier to spend hours immersed in a virtual world, but thankfully, I have sports to do, as well.

A glimpse of my current life.

No comments:

Post a Comment