Saturday 1 February 2020

Omelettes faite

Although this is not a food blog strict, food is an integral part of my life. If I don't eat well, I don't do well, and this I learned 10 years ago when all I cared about was the next sugar high. I see now that sugar is creeping back into my life - in the form of easy carbs - and so I thought I would write about some food that I took pictures of earlier last month in the spirit of remembering to be sane and healthy.

It's February! Maybe vitamin D is low for you too. Cooking makes me feel proud and grounded, connected to the earth & creative and, in my case, helps me stay focused on the good things to keep me going.

Omelettes are awesome for so many reasons: eggs are cheap, incredibly good for you, versatile, and it's simple to be creative when you can stuff them with whatever vegetables and fat & oils and meat and mushrooms helluva spices and whatever herbs that you have on hand. And even if you don't nail the perfect omelette, it's hard to go wrong when you know how to make them, so I thought I would share three pictures of these omelettes that I made last month that filled my mouth with nutritious goodness.

I add the spices in the egg batter first (except salt) and I cook the filling in a separate pan - in this case, celery, mushrooms and probably some bacon
I use as much fat as I can to make me feel full and add the filling when the omelette is mostly done and I fold it over
There's some goat cheese hidden in the omelettes (I try to avoid too much processed cow dairy) and I made an extra effort to add a garnish of parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment