Thursday 20 October 2011

Late night fright

Halloween is just around the corner, but it seems like the fates want to scare the hell out of me early this year.

Having rediscovered my webcam and an old tee-shirt and instructions on how to make a ninja mask, I was of course up late dressed up as a ninja on the video section of Omegle. If you don't know, Omegle is a website I discovered a couple years ago where you're paired with a random Stranger on the internet and you get to chat with them about whatever, completely anonymously.

The problem with Omegle is that it's filled with idiots, as one would expect from people on the internet. The video section is even worse...
Still, I think my ninja outfit is making the world a better place.

So there I was, dressed as a ninja, creating fire out of my hands on Omegle, when the power goes out. It's around 2 am.
After the first second of panic sets in, I relax and happily find my lighter and look around for a candle.
I then head upstairs, and one of the most terrifying sounds I have ever heard at such a late hour blasts in through the window: a chainsaw.

A mothafuckin' CHAINSAW. My mind's racing and I reach for a knife as I anxiously hide behind the door, waiting for the worse. WTF am I going to do with a small steak knife anyway?
I can still hear the chainsaw slashing at something, I'm not sure what. It's not getting any closer though, which gives me time to think a little more about what I'm doing.

I look outside and I see some lights reflected upon the neighbour's house. I muster up my courage, put on a coat and take off my ninja mask and go outside in the pouring rain to see who could possibly be out with a chainsaw at this hour.

And in the timespan of one second, everything is explained: the heavy winds knocked a massive tree branch onto the power lines, cutting out power and giving the city no choice but to cut the branch into pieces to restore power by morning.

Whew.
Karma Aspiration Langune Entité Iodinement Dérive Oisellerie Ulysse Guimauve Hurlement Salutaire Citronelle Ophilia Perspicace Ettore

No comments:

Post a Comment