Wednesday 26 August 2009

My first quest

My first quest in Katimavik, or goal if you will, was to never have to make bread. I had read before going into the program that House Managers were required to make bread for the group.

I've never really been much of a bread eater. Of course, I eat it, but I don't notice it if I don't have it. I've met countless number of people who need their buns with their spaghetti. Most people in my group were like that.

I was house manager for a total of eight times - that's eight whole weeks - in my Katimacareer. Not once did I ever make a loaf of bread.

A couple times I think A.G. and B.V. made me knead the bread they were preparing, but nothing more.

Of course, a fair share of the group called me out on my lack of bread-age - saying I was selfish for not wanting to make the damn bread for the group, and that it was a really stupid and pointless "quest".

But you know what, I may be the only Katimakid to have finished the program and to have -never- made bread in this age of bread-neediness. And I'm proud of myself.

Also, you may be interested in this kneadless bread recipe I found which prompted this post, haha. I might have even succombed to it during Katimavik had I known about it.
http://boiledcorn.blogspot.com/2009/08/no-knead-bread.html

Edited for private reasons.

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless