Thursday 22 January 2009

The Arctic

Today was a very windy day.
My work consists of taking this giant pole thing and cutting tree limbs off. Really, really repetitive and boring. The smile on my face on the picture below is deceptive. It's boring.


The picture is also deceptive in that I work with J. I`m not alone in wielding this beastly tool. Our system is that I`ll either adjust the hook thing at the end onto a branch, and J will pull the string to cut, or vice-versa.

So, since we get bored of that work quickly (we`ve been doing it since Monday - many more weeks to come...) we decided to drop the tool and go off to explore the forest, not following a path or anything. It was really cool, we found a clearing with a little hill surrounded by trees, and we ended up at a field, pictured below, and the wind is very strong. And it sounds just like that classic arctic wind (although it wasn`t particularily cold), a strong wooooooosh sound.

To warm up, a nice hearty lunch at the local restaurant (I work at the municipality of Ste. Marguerite - 1000 people or so, it`s not in Ste. Marie).


Oh, and at the end of the day today, I got to drive around on this ATV-with-snowtreads, it was a lot of fun. It`s almost like a tank, it can plow through anything.


After a hard day`s work, J and I relaxed on the ATV, and J`s camera is always snapping pictures...

Good times in Québec.


Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless

No comments:

Post a Comment