Tuesday 20 January 2009

Laura

Who is Laura?

Okay, Laura is the missing Katimavik participant from my group. Katimagroups originally start with eleven participants.

We only started with ten.

Laura was sick with mono, we figured she might join later. But no, she never showed up.

Laura is also a nickname for when I`m in a certain type of mood - according to the other people in this Katimagroup. It`s when I turn quiet and don`t speak very much, or something of the sort. It also represents all the girlish aspects of me - say, my long hair, my habit of using a straightening iron etc.

I don`t mind the nickname. It gives me a cover to feel the way that I feel - How are you, Laura?

Once people realize I`m in a Laura stage, I think I`m left alone more, which is good.

Work is going alright. I work with J now, since she`s done being house manager. We go into this beautiful snowshoe trail and clear branches out of the way. It`s boring and repetitive, but work is work, and we can clearly see the work we`ve accomplished by seeing the cleared path.

It does, however, get rather cold, because standing there cutting branches off doesn`t really keep me warm. I`m not moving enough.

And my feet kill me after spending a whole day in snowshoes.

We have this self-defence workshop tomorrow. Doesn`t sound very exciting - I grew bored of Karate class when I was younger. Twice.

I miss a certain someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment