12/10/19

The difference between an album and a concept album?

La différence entre un album conceptuel et un album pas conceptuel est la ‘staggération’ de les chansons. Autrement dit, c’est comment les chansons sont arrangés sur un album qui est la différence entre un album conceptuel et un album non-conceptuel - ainsi que l’art qui se figure sur la couverture, bien sûr.

A concept album tends to follow a pattern within the artist’s conception of what the album should be. A regular album tends to be - at least to me - an album that does not necessarily follow a flow. Does this mean that listening to an entire concept album is like reading a book cover to cover? Yes! Can I listen to non-concept albums and consider it like reading a book, cover to cover? Also a question I ask myself, and the answer is... no.


I still have no idea who reads this blog, and that worries me. Is it personal? Is it public? Is it a public-private partnership? One thing remains [true] thus far: I still have refused to monetize this space, even though I probably could have with relative ease given the quantity (and the quality!) of what I write/tape/record/sing[/publish] [@] this '‘safe’' space.

I put ‘safe’ in quotation marks because you, whoever you are reading and/or listening and/or viewing this, might have noticed that I recently put up a wall to keep adults, teenagers, and weirdos away.

The good news: not much porn (if at all) to find on here.
The bad news: if you’re 28-15+ (like I once was), you will probably need to ask your guardian/AI/mummy+daddy/housepet if consulting this space is a good idea.
The mediocre news: I still enjoy writing nonsensical things, but I prefer spending my time complaining about the complete lack of feedback on the writing that I do. Maybe I’ll start uploading pictures/facsimiles when the printer lets me.

If I monetize this place, I may choose to change the layout around. So far, it’s still the beautiful mess I started when I was much younger. And I still consult it. Every. Day. Just like I write. Every. Day.
Maybe I’ll stop being egotistical some day; until then, I’ll keep doing the same slog I’ve been doing for decades: wake up, sleep down, get up earlier, eat better, and write slightly better EVERY YEAR.
---
I’ll try and publish less traumatic stuff, but I rarely delete stuff, so I hope Google is making a profit because I’m sick of being paranoid about internet security all the time. I understand the need for the paranoia to exist (and it’s not really a need), but - and bear with me a second here - why ever bother caring about what I write online if I don’t get paid for it? The only argument I see against it is that it breaks some law somewhere, written down by someone or more ominously... some... strange thing known as a synthetic intelligence that decides things in the future using past data without knowing the intricacies and specifics of how such law (or lawyers) should and, indeed, could be applied to a specific situation/instant such as this blog post or this blog as a whole.
In other words, I’m not willing to pay for advice when there are hundreds of thousands of desperate Ontario-based students who can probably give me decent advice for free and not be scared of getting sued for giving bad advice.
---
It really is difficult keeping true to my writing goals. As soon as I open the blank page, the idea is gone. So, now, I pick up a pen like a decent human being and I too often forget where I put down the stuff I wrote. I think I will start uploading some of the non-personal stuff more often as such because
I really do love typing. I wonder if someone in my family used to be a typist, perhaps a celebrity that helped Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin et al. get to the moon?

"... they were able to get a killer picture, so it was totally worth it ...”

Now back to my ‘sideblogs'. I’m an 'addi(c)t'!