Monday 11 February 2008

Reach for the... Whaa?

A most productive day indeed today. Pretty much a standard day in all of my classes, aced the Fifth Business quiz in English today even though I hadn't read the book this year, I remembered the exact sam quiz from last year, and the answers that I got wrong I got right this time! I did better than some people who HAD read the book this year, so that's pretty sweet.

But probably the highlight of my day was going to UTS for our first Reach for the Top match! Got some practice along the way with a little calendar trivia book thing. UTS is this really fancy private school, and maaan, they take education seriously. Going up the stairs, the walls were covered with Chemistry formulas. Come to think of it, the entire school was covered with random school stuff. And the kids running around the school seemed... different, as if they had a purpose to being in school rather than being in school just for the sake of being in school.

Anyway, the actual Reach for the top games were rather fun. Interestingly enough, we did better against UTS' A team. Maybe that was because they asked way more french questions, and I, being the designated french expert, naturally answered all of them correctly. Eric pulled some interesting random guesses, Dao had some pretty weird answers (who would have guessed The Monkeys for some random oldie song?!) and Shuyang naturally took the lead with regards to Grade Twelve chem and Bio.

Free refreshments too! The Quiz Master bid us to take as much food as we wanted and even more, as she seemed keen on getting rid of all of it. So, I filled my bag with clementines and granola bar, which, naturally, will make up my lunch for the rest of the week.

Ah yes, and the badminton season is starting again! Excellent, excellent! A reminder to all you n00bs out there that will be trying out to get that paperwork done, 'else you can't try out. Damn the TDSB and their phobia of getting sued. Gawd, I hope I can find a good doubles partner this year, and do well at the Toronto finals! That would be fun.

Where do we go now? Wisely, GnR asks this, and I don't know. I think it's an indication to stop my blog for today.

This is Kaleidoughscope, signing off

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast
Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless.

Last edited: 2019-07-16