2024-08-06

Nouvelle olympique

Alors j'ai bel et bien capté la majorité du match France vs Canada; oui, le men's basketball quarter final en toute sa gloire. Spoiler up ahead.

Canada lost, but not by much. It looked dismal in the first half, but SGA and Dort pulled off some impressive feats of athleticism in the 2nd half that kept the game close and, dare I say, almost (but not quite!) a - you guessed it, a nailbiter.

Yep. Wemby was in the game. Fournier pulled off some fire moves near the end and the crowd was feeling it - allez les Bleus! 

I'm glad I got to witness some high-level basketball, and I'll now end this short blog post on a still-encouraging note: the olympics still don't seem to be overly commercialized (despite the flash of pharmaceutical advertising I caught mid-game), and I'll probably keep watching games here and there.

No comments: