Monday 8 April 2024

Eclipse

I just have to write a post today. Not only because I studied astronomy in university, but like my dad told me, this eclipse thing sounds a lot like the Y2K bug back in December 1999. Everyone's talking about the eclipse, offline and online; some people even have a spiritual connection to it, like I wish I did (but I'm not going to convert to a different spiritual paradigm just to celebrate something that happens once in a while in a lifetime. No, I'm happy enough with my loose following of Taoism.) Some people have missed having science in their life and the fact that we as a species can predict and observe astronomical phenomena stirs us to appreciate it and buy glasses and make boxes to safely see what the sun & moon are up to.

Anyway, I'm kind of all over the place (nothing new), but hark; why will you say that I suffer from ADHD? No no I don't have that, I have PTSD. Oh, they're both not fun. Oh, self-diagnosis isn't allowed? Too bad. My labels, my rules.

Back on topic: the total solar eclipse. Well, it's not quite total here where I am in the Centre of the Universe, but close enough. It's overcast outside right now. It'll probably be overcast at 3pm or so as well, which means the reflector box I built won't be very useful at all. Still, I had fun building it with my mom.

What music will I be listening to? Probably none, although I desperately want to be high as fk and listening to Dark Side of the Moon because that seems like the stoner thing to do. Y'know, the pothead label is growing on me. Tree hugger, too.

Oh. Oh am I ever glad I don't have work today. In fact I am extremely grateful. I'll get some cooking done, some meditation, maybe a little reorganizing done, and I can start procrastinating preparing for my entrance exam. 

Yes, I'm going back to school! It's almost guaranteed. I just have to write this entrance application in a few days and I would start in May. I actually like summer school! I haven't been this excited about school in a long, long time.

Best of all: I won't be putting myself into further debt. I'm participating in a fully-funded program for Ontario residents. Hell to the yes.

I'll leave you with an obvious Song of the Day, dear reader:

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment