Friday 13 April 2012

Conservatives kill Katimavik

And I'm not happy at all. Katimavik is such a strong foundation for me. The nine months I spent all around Canada were the best of my life. And it wasn't because we partied all the time - we worked our asses off 5 days a week, not counting all the events we did on weekends. Oh, and we got "paid" 3 dollars a day. Slashing the program for economic reasons is completely absurd.
-
I have SO much content to write about! Maybe it's because of the spring time, but I'm pretty happy these days AND I have the time to write on my blog a lot.
Well actually, that's a lie. I have a big research essay due in a couple weeks, and I have to start it. I'm already behind on it. It's my first big university essay, and it's a pretty general topic - Native American culture and survival in the 20th century. But there's a lot of information to digest, so my blog might have to go to the side a little bit. I'll see how it goes.
-
This article here is very interesting. I don't usually like economists (and by virtue of extension, capitalism), but it's a good source of information on the wide impact that Harper's budget has on the labour force.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/economy-lab/the-economists/ottawa-killed-katimavik-and-missed-boat-on-youth-jobs-strategy/article2395726/

Karma Aspiration Langune Entité Iodinement Dérive Oisellerie Ulysse Guimauve Hurlement Salutaire Citronelle Ophilia Perspicace Ettore  

No comments:

Post a Comment