Tuesday 16 September 2008

The Tell-Tale Departure

True! --nervous--very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad? The oppurtunity had sharpened my senses --not destroyed -- not dulled them. Above all was the sense of finally leaving the city at which I had spent the last 18 years of my life. I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth. I heard many things in hell. How, then, am I mad? Hearken! and observe how healthily -- how calmly I can tell you my story that will begin tomorrow, at 4:00 pm.

It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain; but once conceived, it haunted me day and night. Katimavik! The subways in the city I so often used bore one of two ads proclaiming Katimavik to be the leading youth-volunteer-involvement program. Why should I, a humble young man wish to involve myself into such a thing? 

No matter, the truth is upon me that tomorrow, I shall no longer be here. Gone. The last time I shall be able to write my lines upon this little oasis of a blog from my computer, at least for nine months. Who will I be when I come back?

All I ask from you - and be mindful, I'm not one to beg- is to, well, maybe once in a while, send me an e-mail, or to leave a comment, or to send me long love letters (the usual, what) to show that you're alive. I don't know when I'll get the chance to go online at all, so, well, be patient.

Maybe I'll try to keep this blog updated with interesting stuff, maybe vent some steam about my groupmembers or something, post pictures, vlog maaaybe, I don't know.

All I know is I have butterflies in my stomach and I have no clue how I will fall asleep tonight.

Strathroy, ON, say hello.

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast 
Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first comment! COOL!!

    I hope you have oodles and oodles of fun at that Katimavik thingy. And I hope you get to sign on at least... every other week or month or something.

    Be safe! Take care! HAVE FUUUUUUUUUUN!!

    ReplyDelete