Friday 17 March 2023

Clean eating

Feeling a bit anxious. It's my own doing: I'm not eating as clean as I was, say, a month ago. Too much sugar. All I had to do was not start eating it! But now I'm addicted again, especially when cravings hit later in the evening. And the chips, oh, the salty potato chips. I need to cut back on those, too. And I will, because insidious weight gain is not something that does my body good as I grow older.

Okay, so that's some self-reflection for encouragement.

I have the tools to limit this sugar creep. I still enjoy cooking. So if I cook things that are good enough, I can just eat that instead of chowing down on chips.

For example. I make a spicy parsnip hummus, and I love eating carrots with it. Trying to replace chips with carrots might not be the easiest, but if I get used to it and I stop buying the damn chips, I have a chance. The work that I put into making my own snacks makes it so I save money, and I'll feel better if I eat it compared to a processed food coming out of a factory somewhere unknown.

Another thing I really want to do is to keep more pictures of what I make so I can upload them. I'm saving up for a better camera (or an upgrade to my phone), and then I can post them on here. Then, when I want, I can look back on delicious foods I've prepared and counter the junk food addiction.

Still working. I was a little bit worried because of changes to my schedule, but it should be okay. I don't love my work, but I definitely don't hate it. I don't dread it. So it's all right.


No comments:

Post a Comment