Saturday 14 January 2023

Y-Yoga & appreciation

I went to a yoga class this week, to a different YMCA than I usually go to for yoga. It was kinda neat to be in a different atmosphere. I was up high, literally, because it's on the fourth floor and out of the windows all I could see were skyscrapers. The downside of going to this Y is that the classes are 45 min instead of an hour, and the centre is just a bit farther away than my usual Y. So I probably won't go as often, because it's not the most convenient spot to get to via public transit, and now there's snow again and I tend not to bike when there's snow.

Still, my class was a positive experience. Although I usually just do my own thing and don't talk to people, I had a short conversation with someone named A. and they made me feel welcome. It's generally a friendly place, whatever Y I go to, so I'm not surprised.

On a different note, but still on that same positivity vibe, I had someone at work the other day tell me "I appreciate you" - even though I couldn't help them find what they were looking for. It was nice to hear, but for a second it seemed out of place because I'm used to hearing those three words together at support groups and the such. Only for a second did it feel weird though, because this customer seemed quite genuine and the fact that I still remember this even though it was a few days ago shows that spreading positive energy works.

Hey you! I appreciate you for being here!

No comments:

Post a Comment