Tuesday 8 November 2022

A cute sickness

I think I ate too many cruciferous vegetables; that's my theory. Also, I might have done a little too much twisting at my yoga class. Those, I think, are the 2 likeliest causes of why I was breathless in pain a couple nights ago. At first I thought it might be appendicitis, but with some dutiful checking online, I realized the pain would have been coming from the opposite side of where I was feeling it: all mostly on the left side of my abdomen.

So while the Raptors were busy crushing the Bulls, I was doubled up in pain with some hot packs in bed. The heat helped a lot, but it took a good night's sleep and an Ibuprofen to get over it. I haven't felt that much physical pain in a long, long time. I feel lucky writing about it now, because although it was acute in nature, I can't imagine what it must be like for people who have to deal with pain all the time. It's a good reason to take care of your body, pain avoidance. I am taking a break from my workout regimen for a little bit longer, because again I'm not too sure what caused this flareup - was it something I ate, or because I moved wrongly?

If it's something I ate... well, I ate more than half a giant cauliflower (Buffalo Cauliflower "Wings", if you're wondering why), and then the next day I made a Brussel Sprouts Salad (w/ Kimchi Dressing), so it's possible I just ate too many cruciferous vegetable in too short a time, which isn't surprising given my appetite when I've consumed Cannabis. Maybe a better variety of vegetables next time, and at least I didn't gorge on junk food like I am wont to do!

If it's because of the yoga, well, it was in a class I've taken before, with movements I've done before, but it's possible I over-twisted myself and pushed too hard to get into a pose. So I would have bruised an internal organ, well, probably not bruised, but shifted something to somewhere it shouldn't be. Or, it might have something to do with a new workout move I did for the first time, the hip swing (with a dumbbell). But that was the day before. Hmm.

Either way, I feel okay now and it's good to be back on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment